Sunday, March 17, 2013

Partials by Dan Wells

I finally decided to read Partials and let me tell you it was awesome! Just the whole idea of some crazy virus killing off most of humanity and not allowing any babies to survive was mind blowing but add in pretty much cyborg type beings that look like any old human and it turns out wayyyy awesome! I will warn you though there is romance but it isn't the main part of this story and it fit well! I was happy with how it was done because to Kira, the main character, that''s how romance is for her. She has a boyfriend who she loves but there are bigger things going on than having to be all mushy gushy. One thing I thought was crazy but I could totally see happening is this law that makes any female 18 years and older have to get pregnant. They seriously get no choice it's a law. In the story there is talk of changing that age to 16, umm say what?? These are desperate times for these humans so I guess it is understandable? Anyways Kira goes and looks for a partial, the cyborg type being, gets one and tries to study it to see how to cure this virus. Oh yeah did I mention they pretty much caused it? Kira gets close to this partial whose name is Samm, and yes it is with two m's. She was born to hate these things and this one just changes everything. Nothing romantice really happens with him, I mean she does have a boyfriend, but I kind of wish something would happen between them. It just seems great but if it doesn't I love Kira's boyfriend anyways.

This story was awesome and even though it was a little slow at the beginning it got way better. It was also slow because you have to get introduced to the characters and what is going on in this world so it isn't too bad. There is a great amount of action and it was awesome! The writing of this story was great! I am so excited to see what happens to these characters in the second book. I really kind of want to know about the relationships too, I can't help it I love a little romance :) You wont be bored when you read this story so go out and grab a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment