Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter


I am going to start by saying this series was one of my top 5 favorite series and to see Kylie's story end made me pretty sad but that didn't last long once I began reading the story. We pick up a little after Whispers at Moonrise, Kylie is at the chameleon camp and she is missing Shadow Falls. Kylie has learned to control her patterns some and has learned to become invisible. What an awesome thing to be able to do! Everything is normal at the chameleon camp when guess who shows up? Burnett and Derek show up looking for Kylie and she decides to head back to Shadow Falls! Yay :) During the story Kylie has to deal with the impending fight with the mean old Mario, her feelings between the two hotties Derek and Lucas and a few surprises along the way. Oh did I mention another ghost who wont give up on her! I wont say the surprises but we do get a new camper! Kylie is still mad at Lucas for the whole engagement to the other werewolf even though he begs her to forgive every time he has a chance to. Derek tries to get her to try their relationship again too. Della comes back with a secret of her own. Oh and a huge awesome surprise awaits Holiday and Burnett who happen to be planning their wedding throughout this story. This ghost that Kylie deals with is very persistent with Kylie and Holiday and Burnett want her to get rid of it. Kylie being the nice girl that she is decides against it and ends up getting some fighting help from her.

This story was amazing, even though I was sad when I first got it that it would be ending I couldn't wait to see what would happen. Everything I wanted to happen happened! :) The writing of this story was absolutely incredible and there were some amazing twists to the story that made it that much better. The characters have all really grown and have learned to deal with everything very well. Burnett was awesome in this book especially with showing how much he cared for not only Holiday but Kylie as well. Miranda and Della were great and very helpful with everything that was happening with Kylie. Kylie's transformation was probably my favorite. She was very independent and self sacrificing. She understood what had to be done and took the precautions to make sure she would be okay in the end.

This series has put me through ups and downs but that's what a good series should do. I feel like I got to know these characters well and was along for the ride. I would recommend this series to everyone I can and I will! If you have read the first 4 then you need to read this one, you def wont be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment