Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Runes by Ednah Walters

 

One thing I love about Amazon is the fact that you can find really awesome books for cheap! This book was one of them! The story was so captivating I couldn't stop reading once I started! 

Plot:
Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.

Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.

Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about Torin. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only are she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life

Review:
What book about mythology doesn't make you want to read it? I loved the concept of this story. I wont tell you what she finds out about Torin because that would spoil the fun of this book but it is awesome! I never thought about these things as being in a story so I got to learn some new information. The characters were absolutely amazing. Raine is very strong and wont stop until she finds out what is going on. She questions Torin from the beginning and soon ends up finding out everything. In this story she has two best friends Eirik and Cora. They are great additions to this story and they are very caring for Raine no matter what. Raine is dealing with her dad disappearing and trying to get Eirik to see her as more than just his friend, then Torin comes along and everything changes. Torin is very mysterious and intriguing especially to Raine. Soon Raine has battling feelings for Eirik and Torin and she just can't decide especially when Torin says all the right things to her. The mystery of the story was just amazing. I couldn't figure out what they were until they finally revealed it. It took on a new look at mythology for me. There wasn't a part of this book that I had a moment where I knew where everything was going, that is rare for me especially since I read a lot of books. I loved this story and can't wait until the next one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment